Residential Supervisors, Substance Use Treatment Elizabeth Fry Society of Greater Vancouver
The organization is seeking supervisors who have subject matter expertise in substance use treatment, mental health and homelessness to support the Society’s expansion of programs. Successful candidates must be willing to travel throughout Metro Vancouver for work with a focus on Fraser East communities such as Surrey, Langley, Abbotsford and Chilliwack.
Here is your opportunity to bring your management knowledge and experience in substance use treatment to the Elizabeth Fry Society of Greater Vancouver. Reporting to the Department Director, the Program Supervisor is responsible for overseeing and guiding the staff team on case management and programming for clients, as well as managing day to day operations at the facility and setting operational goals for the treatment centre that align with the Society’s strategic plan and comply with legislative and contractual obligations.
The Elizabeth Fry Society of Greater Vancouver is an independent, not for profit charitable
organization that supports some of society’s most vulnerable populations – women, girls and children at risk, involved in or affected by the justice system. Through more than two dozen programs EFry works to break the cycle of poverty, addiction, mental illness, homelessness and crime.
EFry’s Substance Use Treatment Programs:
Provide substance use treatment services within a licensed community care residential setting. Clients receive time-limited, psycho-educational and therapeutic services in a structured program. Services are delivered by an interdisciplinary team that provides case management, clinical counselling, referral to community resources and discharge planning to prepare clients for a successful community transition. The multi-modal substance use treatment program provides women with gender responsive and trauma informed treatment and support.
- Ensures the facility operates in compliance with Community Care Licensing standards and regulations;
- Ensures the kitchen operates in compliance with environmental health standards;
- Leads, supervises and guides a multi-disciplinary staff team in needs assessment, case planning, client file management, medication administration and facility upkeep;
- Provides meaningful evaluation, performance management and development opportunities for
You will identify for your Department Director and EFry Senior Leadership, program needs, client concerns and behaviours, as well as issues of risk and liability. You will establish program goals and objectives in consultation with your Department Director and support your team in overseeing goal-setting with clients, assessing program fit for potential clients while maintaining the highest level of client care and case management standards.
Under your direction, the site will demonstrate the highest standard of maintenance, cleanliness, safety and repair. You will provide timely and accurate reports to the Administrative Office. As the representative of EFry you will establish and maintain good relationships with agencies, contract managers and referral agents as well as the local community.
Direct Reports may include a:
- Senior Worker
- Clinical Counsellor
- Residence Cook
- Combination of Full time and Auxiliary Residential Support Workers
- Degree in Social work, counselling or equivalent of education and experience totalling 8 years in all
- 3 years direct program delivery experience in the community social services sector
- Administrative and supervisory experience; knowledge re. contract negotiation considered an asset
- Knowledge of women’s issues, problematic substance use, co-occurring disorders, homelessness, violence and trauma, poverty and community resources
- Awareness of gender responsive models of care and trauma informed practice
- Knowledge of Community Care and Assisted Living Act, BC Employment and Assistance Act, centralized substance use referral system and the ability to develop policies and procedures that comply with legislative and contractual obligations
- Excellent oral, report writing and interpersonal communications skills with a demonstrated ability to collect and interpret data and submit work by designated timelines
- Proven leadership skills and ability to influence and motivate team members
- Thorough knowledge of client and program issues
- Interviewing and assessment skills
- Knowledge of group process and facilitation techniques
How to apply:
Please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We truly appreciate all applicants; however, we will be in contact with only those selected for an interview.