Addiction Rehab Toronto
- Job Position:
Addiction Rehab Toronto is seeking an Addictions and Mental Health Counsellor
This position will include the following duties, but not limited to:
- -Maintain appropriate record keeping, and complete intake and discharge forms as needed
- -Maintain a safe, healthy and therapeutic environment for all residents
The ideal candidate must possess leadership skills, has knowledge and understanding of non – violent crisis intervention, and can work well in high stressful situations!
- · Provide appropriate professional understanding and intervention in response to emotional, behavioural, physical needs of clients
- · Maintain established routines and procedures within the facility
- · Assist residents to establish and achieve individualized goals
- · Maintains confidentiality of residents
- · Fosters positive relationships with community programs and individuals as necessary
- · Provides support to all agency program areas as requested
- · Participates in shift change and staff meetings as required, shares information in a respectful, non-judgmental manner.
- · Exercises good judgement and discretion in dealing with confidential information
- · Completes all necessary documentation, including written records/reports
- · Performs other organizational duties as assigned.
- · Learn and understand health and safety standards, regulations, policies and procedures and comply with them.
- · Education:Addiction and Mental Health Diploma and Certification Required
- · Certification: (CCAC, ICADC or in the process of applying)
- · 2-5 years’ experience working with people with addictions and mental health
- · Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- · Experience in telephone and in-person counselling
- · Demonstrated ability to work independently and as an effective team member
- · Trauma informed intervention training’
- · Member of a professional body, with intent to become part of professional body
- · First Aid Certification
- Job Position:
- Job Details:
ADDICTION COUNSELOR POSITION
POSITION TITLE: Addiction Counselor
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Outpatient Addiction Centre – Chabad Lifeline is a non-sectarian organization dedicated to helping individuals and families affected by addiction. At Chabad Lifeline, individuals suffering from substance and behavioural addictions as well as their family members are guided by experienced and caring professionals through the process of healing and recovery.
SALARY: Commensurate with experience
JOB DESCRIPTION: Providing psychosocial counseling, support, and education around issues related to addiction.
Specific duties include:
Initial intake, screening and assessment of new clients
Ongoing psychosocial support and counseling for existing clients
Outreach Program – Education / Prevention / Counseling
Liaison and contact with schools, hospitals, community organizations, 12-step community, and other clinical referrals
Other duties as required
EDUCATION AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS: BSW (with a minimum 5 years of work experience) or MSW or MA. Excellent clinical and organizational experience is required, as well as creativity, flexibility, and self-direction. Shows strong initiative and independent judgment, has the ability to multi-task, with proven critical thinking skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required, as well as having the ability to work well in a team environment.
TO APPLY: For more information or to apply for this position, please send cover letters and résumés to: email@example.com