Addiction Rehab Toronto
- Job Position:
Addictions and Mental Health Counsellor
- Job Details:
Addiction Rehab Toronto is seeking a Addictions and Mental Health Counsellor (Male Counsellor)
This position will include the following duties, but not limited to:
-Maintain appropriate record keeping, and complete intake and discharge forms as needed
-Maintain a safe, healthy and therapeutic environment for all residents
The ideal candidate must possess leadership skills, has knowledge and understanding of non – violent crisis intervention, and can work well in high stressful situations!
· Provide appropriate professional understanding and intervention in response to emotional, behavioural, physical needs of clients
· Maintain established routines and procedures within the facility
· Assist residents to establish and achieve individualized goals
· Maintains confidentiality of residents
· Fosters positive relationships with community programs and individuals as necessary
· Provides support to all agency program areas as requested
· Participates in shift change and staff meetings as required, shares information in a respectful, non-judgmental manner.
· Exercises good judgement and discretion in dealing with confidential information
· Completes all necessary documentation, including written records/reports
· Performs other organizational duties as assigned.
· Learn and understand health and safety standards, regulations, policies and procedures and comply with them.
· Education:Addiction and Mental Health Diploma and Certification Required
· Certification: (CCAC, ICADC or in the process of applying)
· 2-5 years’ experience working with people with addictions and mental health
· Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
· Experience in telephone and in-person counselling
· Demonstrated ability to work independently and as an effective team member
· Trauma informed intervention training’
· Member of a professional body, with intent to become part of professional body
· First Aid Certification
Job Type: Part-time
*Currently only hiring a Male Counsello
- Name:Winna Ma
- Organization:Union Gospel Mission
- Job Position:Addictions Counsellor
- Job Details:
Would you like to make an impact to our clients in Vancouver’s Downtown Eastside community by screening, assessing and counseling them? The Addictions Counsellor will also provide group and individual counselling as needed, and works collaboratively with other outside service providers as required. In addition, the Counsellor is actively involved in program evaluation and quality assurance approaches that are based on Best Practices in BC.
You will frequently deal with clients in crisis situations, brought about by diverse problems. There will be other staff nearby to assist as required.
This is an auxiliary (6 month), full-time position. For a copy of the full job description, please visit our website.
Who We Are
Demonstrating the love of Christ, UGM feeds hope and changes lives through a faith-based continuum of care. We are a proud member of the Canadian Council of Christian Charities and have earned the Best Christian Workplace award again in 2019. We provide competitive salaries, as well as the potential for educational assistance and flexible work arrangements. In addition our extensive benefits plan is fully employer-paid and includes extended dental and medical, as well as $4,500 per year in pooled para-medical expenses. A focus on employee resilience, support for professional development, engagement in meaningful work, and a fun and caring environment are all part of being a member of the UGM team. If you are someone who desires to learn and grow, has a passion to serve and make a difference, and connects with others with both humility and humour, then you will be a great fit at UGM.
What You’ll Need
If you are considering employment with UGM, you must:
• be legally entitled to work in Canada
• be able to demonstrate compatibility with our Core Values
• agree with our Statement of Faith
• provide a current criminal record check that includes a vulnerable sector search
How to Apply
To submit your cover letter and résumé by January 30, 2020, visit ugm.ca/careers.
If you have questions about this posting, please contact Winna Ma, HR Advisor, at 604 215 5430 ext 388.
We welcome applications from all qualified individuals, and are especially—but not only—interested in applications from Aboriginal individuals.