International Certified Alcohol and Drug Counsellor
This certification is reciprocal with other IC&RC member boards.
The applicant must have the equivalent of 3 years full-time work experience (6000 hours) within the past 5 years, providing direct, supervised counselling services to persons with the primary diagnosis of alcoholism and/or drug addiction.
The applicant must have 270 documented hours of formal education at the college/university level in the knowledge and skill areas. Please call the CACCF Office for further information if required.
Supervised Clinical Training
The applicant must have 300 hours of documented supervised clinical training with a minimum of 10 hours of supervision in each of the Twelve Core Function areas.
- Client Screening
- Client Intake
- Client Orientation
- Treatment Planning
- Client Assessment
- Case Management
- Crisis Intervention
- Client Education
- Reports and Record Keeping
- Consultations with Other Professionals
Having met the basic requirements the candidate will:
- You must have an active CACCF membership. If you don’t have one, please click here to apply online.
- Submit a Portfolio Application that outlines work experience, education, supervised clinical training, a signed Canon of Ethics, and the applicable administrative fee.
- Pass a written examination based on the Twelve Core Functions that has been approved by the IC&RC.
This certification must be re-certified every 2 years by submitting proof of 40 CACCF approved continuing education hours.